At home, unfortunately, I don't enjoy a passing ice cream truck, and I suspect you don't either? What to do in these summer temperatures? Let's make our own frozen treasures!
I went for the very lazy but very delicious and colorful option: frozen yogurt bars! You pour your favorite vanilla yogurt (I chose soy) in a bowl, finish it with raspberry coulis and colorful toppings, and after two hours in the freezer you have your homemade ice cream pleasure!
In this recipe I used freeze-dried raspberries from Adya: you can easily make a coulis out of them, use them whole or crumble them into a bright pink powder. Easy, right? You can find them online, in organic shops and at Juttu!
Ingredients for 1 dish of 25 by 30 cm
- 1 bag Adya Raspberry (12 gr)
- 500 to 750 grams of vanilla (soy) yogurt
- A dozen mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of pistachios
- 1 tablespoon coconut grater
1. Crush two tablespoons of freeze-dried raspberries in a small bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon of water. Let stand for five minutes until you have a thick coulis.
2. Line a low dish or small baking tray with baking paper and pour in the vanilla yogurt. The layer would be about 1 cm thick, but a little less is also possible!
3. Spoon the coulis over the yogurt and stir it with a spoon through the yogurt until you get a marble effect.
4. Spread a handful of freeze-dried raspberries over the yogurt and push them half in.
5. Crumble some freeze-dried raspberries into a powder and sprinkle them over the yogurt, along with the chopped mint.
6. Roughly chop the pistachios and sprinkle them over the yogurt, along with the grated coconut.
7. Cover the dish with foil (beeswax or cling film) and place in the freezer for two hours.
8. Break the frozen yogurt into pieces and store them in the freezer in a closed box.
9. Before serving, finish with extra grated coconut, raspberries, mint and pistachio.
I created this recipe in collaboration withAdya. Adya is an organic brand that I have been buying for years. I only work with brands that I support and whose products I use myself.